Author Topic: VACCINE @ Turnmills - Feat: John 00 Fleming & Rafael Frost - Nov 9th!  (Read 2502 times)

VACCINE

• View Profile
    • Email

Room 3: - Hosted by Vaccine

John OO Fleming
Rafael Frost (UK Debut)
The Viceroy
Simon Pitt
Lee Dearn
Mark Landragin

Room 1:

X-Press 2 (3 Hour Set)
Sister Bliss
Steve Porter
Frase
Riven

Room 2:- Hosted by Dirtbox

Outmode (Live Set)
Alex Collings
Jamie Wadman & Tim Priestley
Pete Whitehouse

November is the month that VACCINE can proudly display to the rest of the trance scene just how much of a flag bearer it has become. It leads the way with its cutting edge lineups, commitment to quality and new talent and building an ever faithful following amongst clubbers, djs, agents and the industry generally.

After launching Lange’s long awaited album last month to a packed VACCINE room November sees another UK debut, a headliner of such enormity and importance to the scene and 3 rising stars who join one of the ever present VACCINE residents.
Its this formula that sets VACCINE apart from all the others, its not a chin stroking convention for trance buffs but a party, with the best music, best djs, best crowd in one of the worlds best clubs. Don’t believe us then prepare to be disproved!

Headlining VACCINE is one of the worlds leading names in the scene. Few people can claim to have been at the pinnacle of their profession for a sustained period of time, have enjoyed so much success and still be leading the way forward. John 00 Fleming, one of the dance music industries most revered personalities, is amongst a small band of people who can say they were responsible for igniting the spark of the scene we all know and love today and he is still consistently rocking dancefloors worldwide and pushing the scene forward.

John has a DJ career that spans more than 20 years beginning at the ripe old age of 15 this has afforded John 00 the sort of experience that most other DJs can only dream of. Never afraid to push the boundaries in the projects that he turns his hand to, he is the owner of the hugely successful J00F recordings and hosts his own radio show on Ministry of Sound/DI.FM, the highly popular Global Trance Grooves.

Never one to not speak his mind on all things dance music, John is one of those rare characters and djs in the scene today and trust us when we say that this is one of chances to witness one of the best out there in the intimate surroundings of VACCINE’s home in T3 at Turnmills.

For John to headline VACCINE shows the strength and high regard it is held amongst clubbers, agents, djs and the scene generally. One such reason for this reputation is VACCINE’s commitment to new talent and even with a globe trotting headliner VACCINE doesn’t fail to bring yet another new face to these shores in the shape of Rafael Frost.

Signed to Ferry Corsten’ s label Flashover along with other new talent Breakfast, Rafael has fast made a name for himself with several big tracks including ‘Mute Your Mind’, ‘Out of Time’ and was even invited to do one of the remixes for one of the biggest tracks of last year ‘Life Less Ordinary’ by Alex MORPH and Rank 1 on High Contrast. VACCINE is lucky to enjoy huge support and a very close working relationship with Ferry Corsten and his agency Dance Therapy and previously has debuted Ronald van Gelderen and Bart Claessen in London and the UK respectively. Vaccine was a natural choice for Rafael to make his UK debut at and having already djed at the likes of Dance Valley this will be another one of those storming debuts.

Joining this already all star cast will be VACCINE resident The Viceroy who has enjoyed another hugely successful month not only cementing his residency for The Gallery once a month with sets after Armin van Buuren and Judge Jules but also seeing a new collaboration production with Cream resident Gareth Wyn become a staple track in Paul van Dyk’s Ableton folder and his latest release come out on Monster Tunes entitled ‘Way of Life’. Bringing his trademark sound and enthusiasm behind the ones and twos to the proceedings expect the normal antics and quality we have become use to with this young man!

Simon Pitt a rising star from the South West and a regular at the likes of Dance Academy, After Dark, and Passion joins the proceedings, one to seriously watch Simon will be joined by rising production and dj talent Lee Dearn who has seen his latest slab of proggy goodness snapped up by the main Bonzai label no less!. Mark Landragin continues his assault to the top following on from several high profile gigs in London to grace the Vaccine decks and complete, yet again another one of those all star, quality lineups!!.

In the main room The Gallery welcomes X Press 2. Ashley Beedle, Diesel & Rocky have risen to prominence as cutting edge producers, crossing over with collaborations with the likes of David Byrne from Talking Heads whilst also producing seminal albums that include Muzikizum and Makeshift Feelgood including such massive singles as Lazy, ACDC, Smoke Machine and Muzik Express to name but a few. X Press 2 will be making a special guest appearance for 3, yes count ‘em, 3 Hours this week!

As if it couldn’t get any better we have only gone and invited Gallery favourite and First Lady of Faithless, the ever welcome Sister Bliss. There is little more that can be written and said about her, a true DJ’s DJ and a music purist she will set the tone for the evenings proceedings in her enviable and energetic style for sure. Steve Porter is another highly revered DJ/producer who continually sets the pace others try and follow. A believer in forging his own style, his Porterhouse genre has seen him mix two compilations under the same name and over the last six years, Steve has amassed a portfolio of over 70 singles and 28 remixes under his name and the many aliases. His myriad of tracks have been finding there way into the record boxes of all the big guns - Sasha, Lee Burridge, Derrick Carter, Carl Cox, Sander Kleinenberg, Mark Farina and Paul van Dyk.

Over in T2 Dirtbox welcome another leading name to headline in the form of Outmode – who performs live… once again showing there huge popularity and eye for the next big thing. Backing him up will be Dirtbox’s lovable resident DJs Alex Collings and Pete Whitehouse, with Jamie Wadman and Tim Priestley getting their chance to show The Gallery how to ‘ave it right off!’

For no queuing, concession guestlist then get the names down on an email to info@vaccine-turnmills.co.uk

http://www.vaccine-turnmills.co.uk

http://www.myspace.com/vaccineturnmills

VACCINE

• View Profile
    • Email
VACCINE @ Turnmills - Feat: John 00 Fleming & Rafael Frost - Nov 9th!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 07:58:24 pm »
VACCINE at The Gallery, Turnmills on Friday 9th November

Ahead of this Friday nights VACCINE we sit down and ask the all important 5 questions to our two headliners!!!!. Expect the unexpected for sure....

JOHN 00 FLEMING

1. Hi John, how does the Gallery find you on this fine day?

I have Sat nav in the car, so I find it!! Seriously I love playing at the Gallery, I think you’ve noticed that already because my agency constantly hassle you requesting to get me back. I’ve been playing at that venue for over 10 years now and feel well and truly at home there. I think the clubber who go there make it extra special because they are true music lovers just looking to dance their arse off!

2. For those who may not have had the pleasure of experiencing the JOOF sound give us the ins and outs of what we can expect on Friday in the Vaccine?

I’m not a DJ who follows new musical trends that come and go, simply play music that I love. I don’t like to pigeon hole myself either. I think the job of a DJ is to take the dancefloor to various levels throughout the night and to do that I need a range of music, my ‘tools’. So you’ll hear a varied selection of music that usually ends up pounding the hell out of you in the dark and deep Fleming style. Don’t expect and Take That!

3. We have recently been asking Gallery guests their favourite Gallery moment ever and was wondering if you could share one of yours with us?

Dam there’s too many to mention. I think the main ones where when the late John Newman used to come and join me in the DJ booth and operate the lights when I played. Having the club owner with such a magical aura about him come and join me especially for my sets, make me feel very special each and every time. He’d always came to see me when I played as he loved my music. I don’t think I can ever forget them moments, myself and my driver Dave constantly speak about this.

4. You are playing in the Vaccine room this Friday who are big supporters of new talent worldwide, who has caught your attention of recent time?

This is my first time in those 10 years that I’ve ever played in this room and I’m really excited about it!! They are playing house downstairs, so I know that I can do my usual thing in the Vaccine room. I can sense it will be an intense atmosphere in there and I’ll make sure everyone in there has one hell of a good time.

5. And finally in time honored Gallery fashion, the random question, which super hero would you be and why?

This invisible man....now imagine what fun you could get up to!!!

RAFAEL FROST

1. Hi Rafael, how does the Gallery find you on this fine day?

Great, really looking forward to the night. Heard so many good stories about Vaccine and the great crowd that really enjoys the music. Can't wait to get behind the decks!

2. For those who may not have had the pleasure of experiencing the Rafael Frost sound give us the ins and outs of what we can expect on Friday in the Vaccine?

Variety. You can expect a bit electro but also some harder trance together with some more progressive tracks to keep it flowing...

3. This year has seen you release a whole host of tracks and remixes what else have you got coming up this year and next?

I'm really excited for my next release "Run To You" It will be a massive package, which includes the trance (bootleg) version but also a totally new, more housy version, radio edit and last but not least a remix from the one and only Scumfrog. Aside from that I recently remixed the track White Russian from Streetpunk which will soon be out on Flashover Recordings and I've just finished another track called Autumn Monday which I will be playing at Vaccine.

4. You are playing in the Vaccine room this Friday who are big supporters of new talent worldwide, who has caught your attention of recent time?

That would be Mr. Casey (Breakfast) His tracks tell a story and you just hear it's made with real passion. Definitely a new talent.

5. And finally in time honored Gallery fashion, the random question, which super hero would you be and why?

B.A. from the A-team. Wouldn't it be great if you could just fix your own car in 2 minutes...!

FOR £12 NO QUEUEING CONCESSION ENTRY (otherwise its £15 on the door in the queue) PLEASE EMAIL INFO@VACCINE-TURNMILLS.CO.UK WITH NAMES