Author Topic: Listening behind a Firewall  (Read 7409 times)

t4e

• View Profile
    • Email
Listening behind a Firewall
« on: April 06, 2009, 09:33:09 am »
ok, i searched the site and found nothing related to this issue

i can listen fine at home, but at work i can't

please give me a solution, i tried everything
"only time you stop learning is when your own ignorance & arrogance stops you from doing so!"- Martin Pritchett

Mark Kane

• Party107 Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.party107.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 05:02:09 pm »
Hi.

I have added a firewall bypass link to the "Listen" page here. That should work behind your office firewall.

Thanks for the idea and welcome to the forums :)

-Mark
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:04:47 pm by DJ_Mark »

t4e

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 11:04:06 am »
the firewall bypass link doesn't work either...all it says is Connecting, than it times out :(
"only time you stop learning is when your own ignorance & arrogance stops you from doing so!"- Martin Pritchett

Mark Kane

• Party107 Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.party107.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 02:32:50 pm »
Hmm, that is a bit odd. The firewall bypass server runs on port 80...same as websites. I'm not sure what kind of business it is or what kind of network they have, but would it be possible that they have other methods of filtering out content like streaming media?

Another thing to try would be this link in your media player however it's a longshot that this one would work and the other not.

Which media player do you use? If Winamp, VLC, or another Ogg Vorbis supporting one, have you also tried the Ogg Vorbis listen links on the listen page?

-Mark

t4e

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 07:43:17 am »
i use Winamp and nothing on port 80 works...it was fine until some time ago when there have been some major upgrades to the network, they got some type of intrusion detection software that even thinks x-chat is a threat lol

but i got a way around it and i can listen now :D