Author Topic: Technical Difficulties on Party107 Last Night  (Read 4122 times)

Mark Kane

• Party107 Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.party107.com
    • Email
Technical Difficulties on Party107 Last Night
« on: September 20, 2003, 09:33:11 am »
 Hello everybody.

Last night we were experiencing heavy technical difficulties with DJ Lane's live shows on Party107. For a while, it was working 100%, and then shortly after 1 or 2am I am guessing the main server computer crapped out. I am not 100% sure the cause of the problem, but I am going to investigate it much further. I also noticed the remote link between DJ Lane and the studio was terminated again, which was the problem we were having earlier on in the broadcast day.

So, if you were listening to Party last night during DJ Lane's program, then we are sorry that Party went off the air for such a long period.

We're back up now with our automated playlist.

-Mark

Mark Kane

• Party107 Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.party107.com
    • Email
Technical Difficulties on Party107 Last Night
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 01:14:51 am »
 Well, I've investigated the problem further, and here is what I believe the problem to be...No, I'm not trying to give Micro$oft the blame for everything, but some of the special DJ software we use here at the station takes the input from our mixing console and transmits it to the main server.

Basically the problem was Micro$oft's DirectX was a beta version (dont know how that got on here) and it was having many problems. It shouldn't  be having the same problems anymore, and the sound quality has increased. Before when the feed was too low, the AGCs attempted to adjust the volume automatically and there would be fuzz and hiss...now this problem has been resolved for the most part.

So, all in all today was a very productive day! :D

-Mark